This blog is focused on the politics and social news of the 58th District of Illinois (Lake Bluff, Lake Forest, Highwood, Highland Park, Deerfield, Northbrook, Riverwoods, Bannockburn and Glencoe) and serves as a discussion group for concerned residents of the District and the State of Illinois who want to change the direction of our broken state government and improve the lives of all Illinoisans.

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Inagural Post

This is the first post to the Change Illinois Blog Dot Com. I am the moderator / creator of the blog and my name is Tim Stratton. I am currently running for State Representative in the 58th District of Illinois. I decided to create the blog to give concerned residents a forum to discuss the serious political issues facing the State of Illinois and the 58th District. By coming together as concerned citizens we can start to change politics in the State of Illinois. Meteoric sales tax increases, fiscal mismanagement, a broken transportation system and a disfunctional State House---how has the State of Illinois arrived at this place and what do we need to do in order to fix it? This is the central question we must ask ourselves. I believe there are good people on both sides of the political aisle--Democrats and Republicans (and Independents too). I believe people solve problems, not political parties. We must put aside the partisan politcs of old and start electing Leaders to state and local government. I am running for State Representative because I am convinced that we can do better. I encourage you to learn more about my campaign and the issues facing the State of Illinois.

No comments: